One of the worst things about money is that it is never 100% reliable. One year you could be able to put thousands of dollars into savings; the next you may have to dip into your child’s college fund to pay for gasoline. Even when you have a steady income, the economy can quickly change, leaving you scrambling to stay ahead. What’s even worse is that you don’t know what to plan for—or even what the value of your savings may be—in 10, let alone 40 or 50 years.
However, the right estate planning attorney can help you take the worry out of economic and financial uncertainty. Have you been…
- Worried that you won’t be able to make repairs on your house in five years?
- Concerned that your children won’t be able to afford college?
- Scared about what will happen to your family if you’re hurt or (heaven forbid) if you die prematurely?
Susan Bratcher and the Bratcher Law team can ease your anxieties by helping you create personalized financial plans that can be used to secure and protect your and your family’s futures.
Helping You Plan Ahead for Peace of Mind Today
No one likes to think about not having the money they need when they need it. How many times have you gone up to a cashier and had a fleeting worry that you didn’t have enough money to pay for your groceries? Imagine that feeling multiplied by a thousand, and you may understand what it feels like to not have the $20,000 needed to pay for a new roof. Instead of putting back some groceries, you and your family will be stuck living in a roofless house.
Unfortunately, this happens a lot. Families can’t afford home maintenance, children can’t afford school supplies or clothing, and spouses can’t pay for their partners’ funerals. After seeing the financial turmoil of thousands of clients, Susan Bratcher knows the importance of planning for financial surprises.
Susan has spent her entire career helping people like you plan for the unknown. She knows that making a solid plan for the future is 100% better than just hoping your savings will be enough to keep you covered. At Bratcher Law we feel that you deserve more than just hope—you deserve assurances. That is why we strive to build personalized financial plans for your every need. From trusts to wills, we’ll make sure your future is legally and financially covered by:
- Planning trusts. A trust helps you by setting aside (and allowing another party to manage) money or property that will be saved for the future, or for a family member’s future. We will help you allocate your assets so you can decide how they will be used in the future. Once a trust is established, the funds or property can only be used under your stipulations. For example, you can specifically state that you want the trust to be used for your child’s college education, or house payment, or business. No matter what you decide, your assets will be protected under law.
- Setting aside funds for house care. No one can predict when his or her home may need expensive repairs. However, we can help you set aside funds so you’ll have the money when you need it, rather than being stuck with peeling siding or a house without a roof.
- Creating a durable power of attorney. We’ll help you create a legal document permitting someone you choose to act and make decisions on your behalf. You’ll want to create durable powers of attorney in case you’re ever mentally or physically incapable of making your own medical decisions.
- Drawing up wills. You should have a will that outlines your wishes for how you want your finances, assets, and debts distributed among your family and friends.
- Establishing guardianships. You can assign your desired choice of guardian to take care of and be responsible for your children if you should die prematurely.
Assurance You Can Trust
In addition to providing extensive advice and guidance for all your estate planning needs, Susan Bratcher and the team at Bratcher Law work to make sure your family’s future is secure. We have spent our careers building a strong and dependable foundation on which our clients can securely build. This foundation includes the following client supports:
- Tools and knowledge to really protect you and provide for your plans to be fulfilled.
- Individually crafted plans to give you options and a direct say in where your money goes.
- Detailed education and guidance so that you’re informed to make smart and efficient decisions.
- Extensive experience working with financial planning that will greatly help you build a financial plan that best suits your needs.
- Financial options you can use to realize your financial goals. We can show you multiple paths to get to your goals and walk you through how each choice reaches the destination. We then help you pick the surest path to obtain your desired goals.
- Elective education to better our understanding, knowledge, and techniques. We regularly attend national estate planning law courses to learn innovative ways to make our clients’ plans more secure and efficient.
If you’re tired of worrying about your family’s uncertain future, fill out a contact form or call us today at (816) 453-2240 to make an appointment. There is absolutely no need for you to live with the stress and anxiety of wondering what will happen to you and your loved ones in the years to come. Let us make a plan that will safeguard your future and provide for your family, no matter what surprises may come.